Friday 5 July 2024

Bristol Artists Book Event

It's been a week since the Bristol Artists Book Event (BABE) and I've been reflecting on the great time I had!


The event, at UWE Bower Ashton, had plenty of space for many artists and publishers to show their books and paper ephemera. There was a fantastic range of different types of book making and visitors and stall holders spent hours looking through the interesting work.


It was also a great opportunity to chat about handmade books, their concepts, processes and materials and I enjoyed catching up with a few familiar faces, as well as meeting new ones.


The event is a fantastic source of inspiration and I have come away with ideas for new handmade artists books.


I bought a small selection of books from other artists, which I have enjoyed looking through. See below:



'Uncoupled Derailed'
by Linda Parr



'Postcard No21'
 by Andrew Morrison




'The Teapot'
by Erin K Schmidt



'Pilgrimage: Communing with the Trees'
by Antoinette Moorby









No comments:

Post a Comment