Wednesday 11 May 2022

BABE 2022

The Bristol Arts Book Event (BABE), is a handmade artists book fair held every two years in Bristol. It's `n exciting event, thoroughly well organised by Sarah Bodman, Angie Butler and Tom Sowdon from UWE.


A large number of stands displaying a huge variety of handmade books can be enjoyed, browsed, chatted about and bought. A number of talks and workshop activities are available over the two days. It's a free event open to the public.


I have attended as a stall holder before, but have visited many times to meet with 'my tribe' of people and gain inspiration to make more of my own books.


Historically, the fair has taken place at the Arnolfini gallery in Bristol city centre, but this year saw a relocation to the Bower Ashton campus at UWE. This gave more space, allowing a safer distance between stands, as well as easier parking and unloading.


It was a fabulous weekend! I was based in the printmaking department, which was a lovely meeting place for my bookwork and printmaking (www.ClareRogersPrintmaker.co.uk)


I enjoyed great interaction with UWE students, book artists and the public, explaining my concepts and processes. Sharing inspiring conversations with Jeremy Dixon, Timothy Shore, Chevington Press and Pressing Matters Magazine and others was a good way of expanding my interest and knowledge.


Now I have many new ideas and I'm already looking forward to 2024!!


BABE 2022








No comments:

Post a Comment