Wednesday 16 February 2022

15: Ten views from the Windows and Doors in my House

This handmade book has been reworked from a piece of writing I made as part of a body of work 'From here you can almost see the sea: A response to living in Plymouth' in 2012.


The previous ten pieces of writing were individually framed, but I think they work better as a handmade book. The new title '15' refers to the house number.


Reworking the pieces from 10 years ago has given me an insight to some of the changes within the views; changes that have either been taken for granted or gone unnoticed. By using plain white copier paper, I have given a feel of anonymity; a feeling that the mundane views could relate to any housing estate across the country.



'15', 2022 cover


'15: 10 Views from the Windows and Doors of my House', 2022 
inside front cover


Inside
Inkject printed on 90gsm copier paper





No comments:

Post a Comment