Tuesday 28 March 2023

World Book Night 2023

I'm delighted to be a contributor to World Book Night this year, held at UWE, Bower Ashton, Bristol. 


The theme is 'We Remember'; a collection of shared memories, building a whole new mood of collective remembering.


My two handmade artist books 'Shadow Locations I' and 'Shadow Locations II' have been added to the collection and, after the exhibitions, will be in the permanent library archive at Bower Ashton.


Each book briefly describes a memory I have of a place I visited as a child, but the memory is vague, with sketchy details. There is no-one alive who is able to confirm the accuracy of my memory. I find this fragility of mind an interesting concept.


There have been 112 entries from twenty five different countries.


The exhibition opens on Friday 21st April, in time for World Book Night on Sunday 23rd April, and will run until Friday 30th June. It will then transfer to the Hong Kong Design Institute from July 30th - 30th September.


The books can be viewed via Instagram or UWE:

https://www.instagram.com/lsp_books/

https://www.bookarts.uwe.ac.uk/news/#WBN2023


'Shadow Locations I & II'


Inside 'Shadow Locations I & II'







No comments:

Post a Comment