Monday 23 March 2015

One Hundred & Eighty Seven Words for Home

A coptic bound handmade book exploring the connection between language and memory.

It is a list compiled from a short writing exercise in which I wrote down objects, sounds and scents that I could remember from the house I grew up in. I tried not to focus too consciously, instead, simply allowing the list to reveal itself as I mentally strolled through the house.

The objects, sounds and scents listed can, for me, be so clearly linked to childhood memory, that they almost form another language; one of specific association to home.

The book is coptic bound - a type of binding new to me, and one that I improve at with each new book!


One Hundred & Eighty Seven Words for Home,' 2015

14.3 x 18.7cm
Inkjet printed on 120gsm goatskin parchment, 
135gsm Colorplan china white and 270gsm Colorplan mandarin

No comments:

Post a Comment