Saturday 10 January 2015

Walk

'Walk' is a hand-made four page A6 booklet about my experience as a participator on a walk led by the artist Hamish Fulton. On December 6th 2014, Fulton led a walk in Plymouth city centre which involved 80 participants walking at a fixed pace, between two points, repeatedly, for exactly one hour. For Fulton, the purpose of the artwork is the experience of the walk for the individual participant.

The booklet contains my thoughts on the experience and line drawings from photographs I took during the experience. I emptied my thoughts  onto the page in rapid succession shortly after I had finished the walk, and I think this gives the writing honesty and simplicity.


Front cover. 'Walk' 2015.  
105 x 148mm
Card, paper, tracing, paper, ink.


Inside page. 'Walk' 2015.  
105 x 148mm
Card, paper, tracing, paper, ink


No comments:

Post a Comment